Connect with us

POSNA Homepage

Dear Doctor

September 2019


My son hurt his ankle yesterday at football practice. There is some bruising. Not so much swelling. He is walking on top toes or trying to. He is 8. Should I take to pediatrician or urgent care clinic?

- Eva - West Virginia (Parent)



If your pediatrician is comfortable seeing ankle injuries and has urgent appointments, I think it's reasonable to start there, since they already know your son. If the injury seems more serious they can always refer to ortho if needed.

- Eva - West Virginia (Parent)