Connect with us

POSNA Homepage

Dear Doctor

February 2020


My son has been suffering from chronic headaches and neck pain for years. We went to see a TMJ specialist because his jaw was hurting. They did a CBCT scan and saw a "boney bridge between his Atlas and skull" and said follow up with an orthopedic doctor. Is there any type of specialty orthopedic doctor we should try to schedule an appt with? A spine specialist said it wasn't their expertise.

- Texas (Parent)


This seems like it would be more in the realm of a pediatric neurosurgeon. A peds ortho surgeon who specializes in cervical spine skeletal dysplasias may also be able to help.  

- Texas (Parent)